The Pecos Valley Eye Surgery Center is the only dedicated single specialty, ophthalmic surgery center in the southwest part of New Mexico. Our caring and dedicated staff are here to care for your ophthalmic surgical needs in a timely and affordable manner. As part of the Eye Associates of New Mexico, the Pecos Valley Eye Surgery Center will provide the highest quality of care with integrity and respect. The Pecos Valley Eye Surgery Center (PVESC) has been performing cataract surgery since 2018. Please take a moment to review the attached video of the PVESC and what to expect from your experience at the PVESC.
Below are some guidelines to review to prevent potential delays or cancellations on the day of your procedure.
- Bring a COMPLETE list of all medications you are currently taking.
- Start your eye drops the day before as directed.
- Do not eat or drink anything for 6 hours prior to your check-in time. This includes no gum chewing or candy.
- You are allowed to drink water OR CLEAR Apple Juice up to 2 hours prior to check-in.
- Wear loose, comfortable clothing. A button-down shirt will assist us when attaching and removing EKG leads.
- Please leave all valuables at home.
What You Need the Day of the Surgery:
- Insurance cards, photo ID, Medicare or Medical Assistance information, numbers, and addresses.
- You must have someone drive you home or have arranged with Medical transportation ahead of time.
- It is strongly recommended that a friend or relative stay with you for 24 hours.
- If you require oxygen for use at home (night time only use included), please bring a portable oxygen tank with you for use during transport home after surgery.
Please click on the links below to download the appropriate patient forms in Adobe PDF format: