Of our over 400 national parks, only 133 charge entrance fees, so there are plenty of new places to explore year-round! Just remember: it’s never too early to start planning your next national park trip. Where will your next adventure take you? There are 17 national parks in New Mexico. Click here for a list and information http://www.nps.gov/state/nm/index.htm.
2015 Fee-Free Days in Your National Parks
For nine days this year, the entrance fee to all national parks will be waived in commemoration of the following events:
- January 19: Martin Luther King Jr. Day
- February 14-16: Presidents Day weekend
- April 18-19: Opening weekend of National Park Week
- August 25: National Park Service Birthday
- September 26: National Public Lands Day
- November 11: Veterans Day
For help brainstorming places to visit or where to stay, check out the FREE Owner’s Guide offered by the National Park Foundation – click here.
Are you heading to a national park to celebrate? Be sure to check out these pre planned routes that’ll take you on a great adventure!